January 24, 2008
use OR for good, not evil
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 24th, 2008 at 7:59 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- RT @BadgerBrackets: We are working on exciting new things for our College Football Playoff forecasting model. Stay tuned! 13 hours ago
- Whenever I make a chart in Excel, I feel like I've really let myself go #NerdProblems 13 hours ago
- Chemistry Ph.D. Student Turned Her Thesis Into a Comic Book #Awesome mentalfloss.com/article/63280/… http://t.co/hqFDCTrJXd 17 hours ago
- RT @freakonometrics: "Let's Make Gender Diversity in Data Science a Priority Right from the Start" journals.plos.org/plosbiology/ar… 1 day ago
- No, not at all. cc/ @pattifbrennan people.howstuffworks.com/is-it-rude-to-… #KnittersUnite 2 days ago
- RT @CompSciFact: Most-cited articles in TCS from 1975--2014 journals.elsevier.com/theoretical-co… via @lauramclay 2 days ago
- A great post by @natebrix about the use of spreadsheets in analytics #orblog twitter.com/natebrix/statu… 3 days ago
- OR-Library: a collection of test data sets for a variety of Operations Research #orms problems people.brunel.ac.uk/~mastjjb/jeb/i… 3 days ago
- Dr Nic on punk rock OR featured on math podcast “The Other Half”
- Whewell’s Gazette: Year 2, Vol. #02 | Whewell's Ghost on Life was simple before World War II. After that, we had systems.
- The Other Half | Episode 2: The Road Trip on what is the (conditional) probability of exploding when filling your car up with gas?
- Christina Head on fitting three car seats in a Honda Civic: an exercise in decision-making under uncertainty
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays home homeland security humanitarian lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem sewing slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies